J.D. (James David) Givens Photographer from San Francisco recorded the Spanish-American War of 1898. This is from a boxed set of prints titled : Scenes in the Philippines, Cuba, Porto Rico, The Hawaiian Islands and Soldiers.
5 prints in Lot:
1. Soldiers camped for the night in the Philippine Islands
2. Burning of Pasig. Battery & gunboat in foreground
3. Bomb-proof trenches constructed of railroad iron and Rio Grande River at Calumpit, Philippine Islands
4. Artillery in action at La Loma, Philippine Islands
5. #40 Fortifications at Cavite P.I.
6. #147 An Insurgent Camp in the Foothills
Box cover shown for more info - box not included in listing. These were also bound into books, but the ones we have are loose. All the backs are blank and they are printed on thin paper, not photo paper. The paper measures 5 1/4" high x 7" wide the printed area is 4" high x 6" wide.